Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Running

I was joined by my friend and artist/beginner runner this morning for a 4km run along the river Derwent.  It makes running easier when I have to keep up with someone else and we are both competitive enough to not want to give up in front of each other.  Invarieably, it is me who stops first!  I dream of the day when she puffs 'I got to stop!' at me...

I have had to struggle with my own perception of what is achieveable and what is real, I am not going to be able to run 5k instantly.  As I struggle to keep going, I remind myself that I have recently stopped smoking, got at least 4 stone to loose and having not exercised in years.  I am having to learn to be kind to myself and learn to ignore my monkey mind.


Belper After The Hail Storm

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best. Keep telling your monkey mind that he's too noisy and you are NOT listening. :)

    ReplyDelete