Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

GPS Tracking

I've been playing with GPS Tracking by downloading Sports Tracker to my phone.  Initially this was to see hard data on the progress I've been making, but then I started to play with it...

At first just zig zagging across the field to see how sensitive it was to smaller movements, which came up with this:-


I like the effect of leaving an ethereal trace of where I have been on the landscape, more than just footprints, but an essence of myself.



I then took some string up the local playground and gained some very bizarre looks from teenagers as I wrote on the football pitch, and then walked it.  I also tried to map my friends living willow labyrinth, but that just ended up looking as though a toddler had been scribbling on the trees.  I'm a bit clearer on how precise the GPS tracker can be.

At this point my own kids pretended not to know me...

No comments:

Post a Comment