Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Imagination

In my imagination, I run a lot further than my body can actually do in reality.  Every night when before I go to sleep, I imagine myself running my chose route.  When I drive in the car, I am looking for tracks that will take me off road to enjoy the freedom of trail running.

However, when I actually get out there, especially in the cold and wet, my body is soon screaming to remind me that I am still a beginner.  It cries for sympathy it deserves after 8 years of no exercise at all to suddenly have this new torture thrust upon it.

My mind is willing, the body is willing.  However the muscles still have to catch up... But as George Bernard Shaw said 'Imagination is the beginning of creation.  You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will'.

So my mind running wild across country, up hills, down through muddy tracks and crashing through streams is just the start of this journey of imagining a healthier, fitter, slimmer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment